Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back to my roots

I have just bought a new Apple computer. Yes, that's right...a mac.

I am a part of the first generation of human beings to grow up with personal computers. My dad bought his first laptop when I was entering grade school (its funny to think about that computer now). We had a couple of mac computers when I was growing up. I loved them, but when I entered high school, my parents bought a PC. Consequently, I learned how to use a PC also and therefore became very comfortable with either system. When I bought my first laptop as I entered college, I got a PC because of its price and familiarity. But things have changed.

My HP computer has been great. I have had it for almost 3 years and I have typed hundreds of pages of essays on it for school. Unfortunately, it is dying. It crashes (more often than before) and it is getting very slow. I know there are ways to salvage a PC by reformatting the operating system and such, but it's time for a new computer.

I just ordered a new Macbook.


Since I have not used a mac for over 6 years on a regular basis, I am going to document my experiences here. I am interested to see the performance differences and the new OSX Leopard. This should be fun.

7 comments:

robbie said...

Your a nerd.

Brent Kompelien said...

I'm a nerd?!?!

You can't even spell.

(you're)

Anonymous said...

you kind of made his point with that comment Brent.

- Emily

Pete and Patty said...

You're a loser for buying an apple.
But then who wants to buy a new laptop with Vista.

Brent Kompelien said...

Thanks everyone. I already know I'm a nerd, you don't have to tell me.

And, yes...one major reason for not getting a PC is Vista. Mac OS X Leopard is so much better.

Anonymous said...

If loving apple computers makes one a nerd, then I happily join you in that title. The choice is not hard....nerds are the smartest people around. Welcome to the (better) side. :)

Me said...

Great. I married a nerd.

Jailbreak!! I love you because you do akward things.