Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Computer Buyer's Nightmare

I just bought a new Macbook less than two weeks ago and guess what...Apple just upgraded their computers.

Yup, the same price I paid for my computer will now get you twice the RAM, more hard drive space, and a faster processor. Bummer! So, after a little research I found out that there is a buyer protection policy at Apple. If a new and improved product comes out within two weeks after you buy the same product, you can return it for the new one or be gives a credit for the price difference.

So, I called and explained the situation. They were very nice, but I got put on hold for more than 20 minutes! Because of the delay, they offered to let me return my computer (free shipping and no re-stocking fee) and they are shipping me the new configuration at no extra cost. Amazing!

No comments: