Monday, September 18, 2006

Oh Boy


Following comments made by Pope Benedict XVI last week about the teachings of Muhammad as "evil and inhuman" and that Muhammad taught to "spread his teachings by the sword", there have been numerous protests, some violent, across the world by Muslims. I just read an article on Yahoo News in which Islamic Extremists said, "The Pope and The West are doomed."

Isn't it interesting that the comments which claim that some sects of Islam breed violence and evil produce protests which are violent? Isn't it also interesting that "the West" is synomymous with Christianity when "the West" often fails to uphold Christian values and does not truely live the way of Jesus? Christianity has its own problems with misrepresentation and violence. How can this twisted argument of "the West" or "Christianity" blaming Islam for violence happen?

Speck and plank parable anyone? See Matt 7:3 or Luke 6:41.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like everyone is evil..and we need some help...I do have a log, but you still have a speck...all poor vision.

IS the West Christian?
I missed that part not only in my education but in my daily life before being a follower of Christ. no Christians in my class ever ask me to church, or even to their house, I don't really meeting any other than the ones who'd had me fliers read... seems like the USA is about "the pursuit of happiness" not holiness (myself included)
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth
has it is in heaven...
Shalom