Friday, September 01, 2006

A Conversation


Last night I went running with a friend and when we got back to his house we bumped into a buddy of his from high school. He was in his car and decided to stop to say hi to my friend. After I was introduced to this guy I found out that he works with a guy I know who apparently just broke up with his girlfriend. (Note: my friend introduced me as "a friend from church") I asked who the girl was and I was very surprised at his response.

He didn't tell me who she was. All he said was, "Well, she isn't a church goer, so you probably don't know her."

Wow. After this guy left, my friend told me that he was very anti-Christian and even had done a speech about what was wrong with the Christian Faith. This event perfectly portrays the image the church tends to paint in the world today.

Questions, comments, hearsay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the church has a bad rap. It frustrates me that people think the church and church people are such downers. I have a friend that is kind of in the same situation where he is very anti-Christian. How would you go upon sharing the word of God to him when he is so against everything?