Thursday, January 25, 2007

Social Change



I'm taking an interesting class at San Jose State this semester: Social Change

The professor is pretty good and I think this one should be interesting. I've been sensing lately that God is stretching my worldview and perspective. I have been becoming increasingly aware of global issues is society, health, and economics. I feel such a strong compassion for people that are in need. I want to free the oppressed, heal the sick, and bring the poor out of the cycle of poverty. The world needs the transformational and redemptive power of Jesus. (I know I sound like a motivational speaker.) But I see this class as an opportunity to open up the discussion about how Christians should be treating social problems locally, nationally, and globally. I don't mean I am going to preach to my class about Jesus. I mean I am going to dialogue with the teacher and students about humanitarian issues and I am going to model how Christ would address social change. I'm really looking forward to this class.

No comments: