Friday, September 21, 2007

Word of the Week...

I just heard a public speaker say this word and I thought it was worthy of an entire blog post:

Verklempt
overcome with emotion; clenched

Go ahead.......I know you want to say it. VERKLEMPT.

Use it in a sentence.........."That book got me all verklempt!"

Use it in an essay..........."Then the main character became verklempt."

Tell your girlfriend during a chickflick........"I'm getting verklempt."

Isn't it a great word?............VERKLEMPT.

Make a comment about a famous person........."That baby looks quite verklempt."


I really like this word.

9 comments:

robbie said...

That is one of the greatest picures in the history of photography.

Brent Kompelien said...

I know. I'm pretty sure I would look the same way if George Bush picked me up like that. I would cry for mommy too.

Jon said...

you do know that there was an entire mike myers snl sketch about this word, right? actually a series of sketches.

Brent Kompelien said...

I didn't know that. I don't have cable, so I am not up to date with TV shows. But I guess I could find it on the web. I'll check it out.

robbie said...

Mike Myers was on SNL like 15 years ago. But I think are buddy rob was using it seriously.

Brent Kompelien said...

I know Mike Myers wasn't on SNL recently, but they show re-runs don't they?

Cherlyn said...

This word is great.

da halls said...

You have to say it with a raspy yiddish voice in order to make it really work.

I found your blog through the Medina's blog. I had to see if it was really you. It is. You've grown up! What did you do that for? (Sorry, I won't say that again. We just tripped out because the last time we saw you you were a little kid. Alright no more "I remember when you were this tall" business. I promise.)

Mary Beth

Betsy Lin said...

You people are funny!