Sunday, September 23, 2007

McLaren Study

I have decided to lead a small group for the Gathering on Tuesday nights at 8 o'clock at my apartment. We are going to read Brian McLaren's book The Secret Message of Jesus. I am hoping to discuss some foundational truths about Jesus Christ and his message. I have been reading this book for a few weeks (I am not done yet because I have too many books for school to read also) and I think it is great. Any college guys are welcome. I'm really looking forward to this.

5 comments:

Jon said...

that's funny. i'm just about to start a group where we dicuss his "the story we find ourselves in"

Betsy Lin said...

HEY- I have been meaning to mention this group to you....and so I was listening to them just now- So I thought I would share....you and Robbie will enjoy it...i think....maybe, maybe not!! : )

www.psalters.org
www.myspace.com/psalters

These folks have a really creative outlook on community-

robbie said...

I love Psalters. The first time I saw mewithoutYou I went out back after the show to meet them, and they were loading their shuttle bus that they used to tour in. They were blasting Psalters, and when I asked them who it was they told me all abouts them. [PEACE]

Betsy Lin said...

Awesome!
Good stuff huh? We should bring them out here!!! It would be rad!

Joseph said...

I don't know if you have heard of Mark Driscoll...but if you want some good teaching and to learn about "Truth" this may be a better source than Brian McClaren. It is a bit long, but good; let me know what you think at www.whymissionaries.wordpress.com.

http://www.trivison.com/audio/markdriscoll/Convergent_Mark_Driscoll.mp3