Thursday, June 07, 2007

Work...

I don't know if I said it before, but I work for a landscaping company. I do estimates for properties that we are trying to bid for their business. I'm just about to leave for work, but there was something interesting about the property I'm about to measure.

I have some information about this property called The Barrington Bridge Community. Here is their slogan: Exceptional Privacy and Distinction.

I think that is great, a community where people don't have to think about interacting with the less fortunate members of society. Fantastic, a community that has set up a gate to keep the beggars out (Luke 16:19-31).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I found your site through Toph Beach and this post made me laugh. We are in the thick of having landscaping done...I'm hoping to make my front yard MORE inviting to the world around me. I'm one of those people who knows ALL the neighbors. It's sad that people shut out the world around. Rob Bell once did a sermon about shutting out the world and that it is what he imagines Hell to be like...I wish I could remember the name of the sermon. Well, his sermons are mostly all good.

Thanks for your posts.

Brent Kompelien said...

I've been listening to Rob Bell's podcasts religiously (haha) for a while now. He has truely inspired me and I love his insight and passion.