Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The integrity of the Gospel

I have been thinking about how I should live life as a follower of Jesus. I was reading the Sermon on the Mount last night and I came to a point where I decided that there can be nothing in my life that compromises the integrity of the Gospel.

What I mean is that my entire life needs to be focused on Jesus Christ. Every decision I make, everything I purchase, every person I meet must uphold the teaching of Jesus Christ. I have to devote my whole life to Jesus. I've been trying to do this for a while now, but it gets me depressed sometimes. I mourn, I pray, I listen, I sing. I am seeking God, but there are so many influences that pull me apart. There are Christians telling me things that I know aren't how Jesus taught us to live. There are non-Christians who tell me ways to live that are not of God. I just want to find the good and latch onto it. I want Jesus.

No comments: