Monday, August 13, 2007

Church History Research Project


So I have decided to untake and rigorous research project. This is not for school, it is just my own crazy idea. Here's why: I feel that there is something important to be learned from church/Christian history. If we can understand the ups and downs of the church, the advancements and recessions of Christianity, and the historical events in which these events took place, we may be able to find a pattern or relationship that could provide some insight into where the church is headed in the coming years.

I want to map out church history and world history together and look for patterns, connections, and repetition. I hope to be able to place these findings within the grand plan of God's redemption of this world to find out where we are now. Basically, I want to find out where to put my energy in changing the world for Jesus.

So, this blog is going to be some sort of a journal for my study in addition to my regular posts. I want to eventually piece together the blog posts I write about this topic into a paper or book or something. This should be fun. (but it might take 10 years)

1 comment:

Jon said...

one of the best classes i ever took was historical theology. i have a great book (thick) if you want to borrow it.