Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Hate Yearbooks


I flipped through my high school yearbook a couple of days ago. That was a mistake. I love looking at yearbooks so much I hate it.

Everytime I open a yearbook or look at a photo album, I relive the memories in my mind and I begin to feel depressed. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time in high school. That was a time of life I will never forget because I had so many great experiences with so many great friends. But those memories conjure up so many other feelings now.

When I think about that time of life, I know that I can never experience that again. I'll never be 17 again. I'll never be that athletic again. I'll never go to a school dance again. I'll never be able to get away with ______ again. High school was a time of life when I experienced my most challenging, yet defining moments. I miss it to be honest.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Huh...I wouldn't want to go back to 17 if you paid me. Talk about being in a pit...yuck. You probably knew God back then.