Friday, May 19, 2006

Show Me Your Glory


Moses met with God regularly in the Tent of Meeting throughout the Old Testament. The Bible says "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend." (Ex. 33:11 NIV) Biblical commentaries will say that this meant Moses had a different connection with God than anyone else at the time.

It says in Numbers 12:6-8 that "[God] said, 'Listen to my words:
'When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD.''"

The form of the Lord is not the essence of God. Rather, it is an actual manifestation of the living God. The Lord would meet with Moses and speak with him like a friend. What an intimate relationship!

As Christians today, we do not need a Tent of Meeting to speak with God. The Holy Spirit dwells within us and God's presence is constantly with us. Later, Moses asks God, "Show me Your glory." (Ex. 33:18 NIV) God revealed himself to Moses and did many great and mighty things through his faith. But what does this mean for us today?

Open up your own Bible and read 2 Cor. 3:7-18.

Essentially, the apostle Paul is saying this (in modern slang of course): If you thought that God revealed His glory in awesome ways through Moses, how much greater things will God do through us now that we have the Holy Spirit? All we have to do is be BOLD, faithful followers of Christ and desire to see the glory of God fulfilled in your life.

God wants to meet with us face to face. He will reveal His glory through us if we just ask Him, "Show me your glory."

2 comments:

Jon said...

Yeah. I strongly disagree. Sounds like another fundamentalist who is scared of change. I've seen it time and time again and it saddens me. See ya Monday. Jon

Brent Kompelien said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.