Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Books!

Now for a more lighthearted post. My last two posts on the Year of the Lord's Favor and Herod the Great were pretty heavy in NT theology. But I thought I'd share with you some of the new books that have made their way into my library:

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy - by Eric Metaxas
A friend gave this book to me and I'm so excited to read it. I've heard many good things about this bio. It comes highly recommended.


40 Questions About The End Times - by Eckhard Schnabel (one of my profs)
I have only read a few chapters in this book so far, but it is very well done! It is a helpful study tool for anyone interested in learning more about eschatology (end times). It's not just for pastors or seminarians! Plus, Dr. Schnabel is brilliant and he is one of my favorite professors.


Shepherds After My Own Heart - by Timothy Laniak
I have not read this book in its entirety because of time constraints. I used it for a recent project at school, but I am looking forward to reading the rest soon. This book gives a biblical theology of leadership, and the author argues that the primary biblical metaphor for leaders is that of shepherd.

2 comments:

Ken K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken K said...

Love your blog Bent! By the way, the Metaxas book is stellar!