Friday, December 21, 2007

Some writing...

Here's some of my recent writing:

The sun wiggled its way through the curtains and the faint hum of the morning rush hour hypnotized me as I lay in bed regretfully anticipating the air raid siren formerly known as my alarm clock. This morning began like many others; my snooze button got its thirty minute workout in before I even rolled out of bed and the coffee maker automatically prepared a liquid slap in the face to make sure I was conscious. Ah, the wonders of technology.

I knew a long day lie ahead, but I did all I could to resist it. My busy life and my apathy were fighting a fierce war with guns, grenades, and camouflage. My boss tried to flank my TV with some artillery, while my pillow and the Youtube guerrillas fought back with small arms fire from behind some trees. Maybe I could call in sick today, or maybe I could say that my grandma died, again. This battle raged on every morning as I hunkered down on my box spring trench.[..]

No comments: