Thursday, April 26, 2007

Summer Reading List

I have been meaning to read these books for a few months, but life has been crazy. This semester was a little more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I had too many books, papers, and projects which have consumed most of my mental capacity. Although, I did read Irresistible Revolution last month. Here's the books I'll be reading this summer (if you want to have a book club, give me a call):

Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven, But Nobody Wants To Die by David Crowder


God's Politics by Jim Wallis


The Secret Message of Jesus by Brian McLaren

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good List.

Anonymous said...

i'm also probably going to read Cost of Discipleship this summer--i borrowed it from a friend.
i read God's Politics last summer but i didn't think it was that amazing, mainly because i agreed with most of it. i prefer reading things that challenge my thinking or give me some insight i was missing, which that book didn't do for me. it was cool to hear someone else articulate thoughts i was already thinking though.
one book i would highly, highly recommend is The Spirit of the Disciplines by Dallas Willard.

Brent Kompelien said...

Matt-

Are you coming back to SJ for the summer? If so, you're more than welcome to join our small group to discuss Cost of Discipleship; it's our official book for the next month or two.